Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's fun to eat from the....

GCSA! It's fun to eat from the GCSA! (tune of YMCA)

Garner Community Sustained Agriculture (GCSA)

I looked into the local harvest website and found there is a CSA right down the road from me! I live near nothing so that was pretty exciting news.

I have signed up for a 1/2 order of vegetables and fruits for 25 weeks (April through Nov). I see it like having my own garden but better. Yard work is not at the top of my list of things to do even though I enjoy fresh vegetables from the garden, just not my garden.


The thought of taking out the whole produce section of my grocery shopping is very appealing! I have never done anything like this before so I'll report back on how it goes. I have heard good things.

2 comments:

KB said...

We just joined a CSA too! Ours is 21 weeks, May through October. I'm looking forward to it.

KB said...

(This is Keri Beth, by the way. I just realized this thing doesn't display my name.)