Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cloth Diaper Update


Here are my little bum Genus'. We have worked these new cloth diapers into our routine now.

It has not been as big of a transition as I was anticipating. I washed them all before use, as recommended by the manufacturer. Put Mary Claire in them and then placed them in a lined trash can until wash day.

MC does not seem to mind them at all. Our conclusion is she likes them better b/c the fabric used is so soft. I am sure it is more comfortable than the disposables.

I do wash them in our home washing machine. I do a rinse on cold then a full cycle on Hot/Cold setting. Dry them on Medium and that's it. They have not stained or retained any odors. They just smell like laundry. I stuff the inserts as I get them out of the dryer so they are ready to use. I am doing a load every 2 days.

We aren't 100% cloth. We used around 3 a day cloth and 3 disposable. Thus far that seems to be an appropriate amount for us, for now.

I would recommend then to others and encourage anyone thinking about it that it was not as big of a deal as I had previously thought.

Did I mention how cute they are?!

1 comment:

emily said...

They look cute. I didn't know they came in colors. Brava you, all walking the green walk.