Saturday, May 9, 2009

Diaper Rash Creams

Diaper rash is a fact of life for you and your baby. It is awful. This red inflammation is suggested to be treated by allowing the tush to air dry. Well that is not a luxury at every diaper change. Fortunately, there are creams that protect baby skin from the moisture rich environment of their diaper.

Desitin was used by the case on me. Smelling it brings back childhood memories. That very smell is what made me second guess if this was the right treatment for her diaper rash.

I found this blog article from Healthy Child Healthy World. It confirmed my suspicions that Desitin was not he miracle cure. Desitin contains hormone disrupting BHA, synthetic fragrance with phthalates and parabens.

A better option is to use an organic option that is free of dangerous chemicals. I choose ShakleeBaby Diaper Cream. It is 99% natural and uses aloe and chamomile to soothe the skin.

Here's to Happy Heinies!

No comments: