Monday, January 12, 2009

Air Filters

We change out air filters in the house quarterly. Being an accountant by trade this is an easy recurring time frame for me to remember.

That being said 12/31 was the end of the last quarter thus off to the home improvement big box store to retrieve air filters. Thinking along the way, "What a waste to just throw these filters out every time."

Lo and behold there are reusable air filters. They read my mind.

This filter is plastic and is comes with a plastic gird like sheet that filters the air. Now each quarter I'll rinse it off and put it right back. Best of all I don't have to keep remembering to go to the store to get them!

They cost about $20 each and we have 2 air returns in the house. So I figure in 5 qtrs I'll have recouped my investment and kept 10 air filters out of the landfill. We always spend too much when we go into those stores anyways. I don't think we have EVER left the store with just what we went in for. I digress.

See about putting the reusable air filters in your house too.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks - didn't know about that! I think I will try these since I am always forgetting them at the store and also hate throwing them away - to bad Shaklee doesn't make a recycle one....