Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just had to ask


We recently received our trash and recycling pick-up schedule for 2009. I would normally toss it right into the trash. Wednesday is trash day - what else is there to know? Well, it turns out lots!

I read that our city accepts junk mail and cardboard in the recycling. I've lived here a long time and just assumed they did not take those things.

To my further surprise, you can request an additional recycle bin at no cost! Brilliant. We often overflow our bin due to the pickup being bi-weekly.

So now we have an entire bin for paper and cardboard. The other for glass, alumninum and plastic items.

Take a closer look at your policy and see what you could be missing!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hi Jessica-
Thanks for visiting my blog recently:) We've gotta have dinner before Ben and I move; We could go get Mexican or something?
See you soon!
Stacey